Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One of the greatest causes of disappointment and depression...

Taking ourselves too seriously.

Its great to take life, family and our job seriously...but one of the greatest abilities we could ever develop is learning to laugh at ourselves. I'm thinking its a life-long lesson b/c I still revert back to "protection" mode sometimes (often). But I'm convinced that taking myself too seriously is what leads to alot of my stress.

Next time you get embarrased or do something to humiliate yourself...embrace it and laugh. Life will weigh less.

Have a great Wednesday.

P.S. - Remember the pink "No complaints" bracelet? Thought i'd give you an update...I've now been wearing mine for 5+ months and my record is 11 days without switching. The goal is 21. I shall not give up! (though i'm becoming convinced one of my spiritual gifts is criticizing other people) For more info read the October 30, 2007 post.


No comments: